Mother’s Day Gift Guide
Gift Guide for the Minimalist Mom
and maybe even save you some $$ on gifts!
Mother’s Day Gift Guide for the Mom who is minimizing or is a minimalist. Gift Cards, outings or maybe a massage! Some suggestions for the minimalist in this guide.
I have to admit, minimalist means different things to different people. Recently I have been selling and donating and trashing my “stuff”. The last three months have been focused on downsizing my collection of unopened boxes in the garage.
In the last 3 years, I have moved twice and was planning a move 2 years before that. There are a ton of boxes in my garage that have just been shuffled during the moves. What’s the saying? If you haven’t used or worn it in a year then you don’t need it? It just seems like a bunch of clutter at this point.
What’s the saying? If you haven’t used or worn it in a year then you don’t need it?
Even before working on this purge I told family for Birthday’s, Mother’s Day and the Winter Holidays to not get me stuff. I asked for gift cards, virtual gifts and similar. I already knew I had to much stuff, so my idea was if I get WoW time or coffee gift cards – well, no new stuff and these were things I would use.
There are a ton of things you can do for gifts that do not include more stuff.
What if.. you are buying gifts for a minimalist?
Here are 10 items you can choose as a gift for the minimalist!
- Gift Card to whatever they like
- A massage
- Pay for their Amazon Prime, or Gift a subscription if they don’t have Prime yet
- A Kindle, Nook or similar to read from
- A mani/pedi day out
- Take them to their favorite restaurant
- Gift Certificate to their favorite Salon
- Go on an outing
- Cook them a meal
- Lottery tickets
Now I know some people think gift cards or virtual things show a lack of caring. But come on… if your Mom is minimizing or just really doesn’t need more stuff then give her something that she wants, needs, or will just add a smile. I know that if my kids took the time to make a meal I would thoroughly love that!
For gift cards – I mean – Does your Mom binge on Netflix? Get a card to pay for a month or two or however many you can afford. She loves Amazon, pick up a gift card so she can choose virtual Books, or rent a movie, or whatever! Pay her Prime membership for a year, or gift one if she doesn’t have one!
Mani/Pedi outing? Yeah – feeling pampered is so terrible? An outing? maybe go to the local museum, park, theme park? Tickets to a concert or show she has mentioned? Or even a sporting event? All of these things show you care without adding to “stuff”!
Restaurant gift card to her favorite place? or maybe to a new place she’s been wanting to try? Mani/Pedi outing? Yeah – feeling pampered is so terrible? An outing? maybe go to the local museum, park, theme park? All of these ideas depend on the Mom, and what she likes!
Now for the money saving part!
- Gift Cards – Try Gift Card Granny. I have used this site several times, and you know while the percentages differ, every little bit helps when you are on a budget. There is also a rewards program that helps you earn gift cards. The cards are listed from different sites, Granny just helps you sort through them and find the best deal.
- If Granny doesn’t have the card you are looking for – Show Mom You Care with a Gift from Walmart.com!
- Outings – VenueKings.com has a discount code right now! Find tickets for Concerts and sporting events: Find Tickets Now! $5 Off orders $30+ w/ code: SPRING17 at Venue Kings!
- There are local restaurant and venue discounts at Groupon.
- And last but not least use Ebates or Swagbucks while you shop!
Hopefully, this gift guide gave you some new ideas…
What is on your gift list?
Share your ideas in the comments below!